Some airports are better than others in meeting the needs of travelers. What would you like to see in an airport?
I've been in a number of different airports in several different countries lately, which got me thinking about the things I consider necessities in an airport.
• A clock, a big clock that you can see from 50 feet, not the little, tiny time indicators on the flight information screens.
• Clear signage that you can see from both directions, an no hanging banners or decorations that interfere with sight lines!
• Water fountains. And no, I don't want to buy your overpriced liter bottle of water that I will have to throw away when I go through security,
• Clean bathrooms. 'Nuff said.
What do you want in an airport?
1, Clear signage
2. Waiting areas comfortable enough to sleep in if necessary
3. Plenty of power outlets
4. Free wifi
5. Clean bathrooms
6. Variety of concessions that won't rip travelers off too much.
7. Unobtrusive security
8. Short lines, or at least ones that move quickly.
Given what is happening on the planet currently, I suspect the last two are a pipe dream : (
Sometimes I was allowed to use lounges and they were great. Otherwise a Starbucks would be great. And of course a nice place to sit and wait near the gate. Maybe buying a bottle of wine in duty free. Overall it should be clean and modern. Nice, fast and easy public transport connection to the city center would also be great, to avoid expensive taxis.
Besides that I agree with Roosta.
In response to: Msg #199368
I agree with the above; free wifi goes a long way, especially when there are delays. And public transportation options are a great idea. I'm always surprised that more cities don't include a high-speed rail line into the airport expansion plans,
I'm not too picky about airports, but I have spent overnights in airports and it's always nice when there aren't constant blaring announcements overhead so that I can catch some sleep as well as some spots that I can place myself comfortably to do so. Also free WIFI is always awesome!
1. Clean bathrooms (ok a girl can dream)
2. Free wifi so I can work on our blog
3. Power outlets -- the new quick charging stations are great
4. comfortable seats
1. Wi Fi (Free Free Free)
2. Power sockets - Enough numbers. Should be nearer to the seating arrangements.
3. Wonderful waiting areas. Seating as well as for sleeping.
4. Bathrooms must be clean.
5. Cheap foods and drinks.
6. Helpful airport staffs.
7. Some quiet areas (in case if flight is too late, passengers can take a nap).
8. Announcements should be clear and audible from any corner of the airport.
Im happy with a roof and if the walls go all the way to the roof...bonus!
Fascene Airport managed to top even Manokwari and Sorong pre ''renovations''. Seriously Fascene was Obscene, they should change its name to that LOL!
I like your list, it really is necessary that these things should be there on an airport.
Free Wifi and charging port.
I've been thinking about this recently and I focus more on the city where the connector will be. If I am doing a domestic trip in the U.S. I generally avoid the Charlotte airport because they are delayed for thunderstorms frequently. I often think about potential weather hazards when booking a flight.
Airports in America don't have anywhere to leave luggage, some in Europe do. I known it is for security reasons but still, it's a good service to have.
Transfers between gates if you are alone with infants. I've been alone with a dollop of a baby and no buggie because the airline wouldn't let me bring it to the gate. Never again!
free drinking water fountains, esp. after security!
Free WIFI and chargers
waiting zones with a possibility to sleep (do not like these chairs with armrests - so that you cannot lay down)
If it comes to really small airports or airstrips for a very short flight, we are happy when there is just a bathroom and a roof ;-) (happened in Zambia without bathroom and roof...)
Definitely free WiFi, chargers, and sleeping cabins. Oh, and clean bathrooms would be nice.