Congratulations everyone - welcome to the TravelBlog Hall of Fame - on our 10th anniversary year!
This year we recognize 32 amazing bloggers, each of differing style, all representing high quality and long term commitment.
To anyone who is new to travelblog - read their blogs - this is what Travel Blog is all about! Real people traveling, sharing the experience, often discovering a passion for writing and photography on the way.
If you're reading this and are wondering why a particular blog is not included - we have around 300,000 accounts now and we are bound to have missed some amazing stories. Please let us know about them in March next year, nominate them for blogger of the week and in the meantime recommend them.
Ali - writing from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia - 3rd April 2012
Congratulations to the following bloggers who have been inducted into the TravelBlog Hall Of Fame. We'll be adding the awards to profile pages over the next few days, and also adding them to The TravelBlog Hall of Fame
2012 TravelBlog Hall Of Fame
- Great entries from South America, now he's looking for new adventures
Chris and Amy
- more than 2 years on the road, beautiful writing and some amazing photos.
Chris and Nikki
- feeding their travel addiction and renewing wedding vows one country at a time.
Beata and Tomek
- enjoying adventure on their long anticipated round the world trip.
Forget 9 to 5
- a search to fulfill the Pommie pipedream of living it up in the sun
Andy and Debbie
- Asia and Oceania - with humour and great photos
- a photographic talent discovered as he explored foreign lands
- email style blog from an Irish ex-pat
- closing in on the goal of 100 countries visited
- 34 months on the road and counting
- living a lifetime passion exploring foreign countries
- Geology student who happens to take some pretty good photos too
Home and Away
- a lifetime of travel, and planning for years more
- more than three years of planning, a year on the road and counting
- budget travellers who prefer visiting locals rather than local attractions
- after travelling South America, they're back on the road again
- enjoying the pleasures of semi-retirement by travelling
- from watching The Ashes to touring the globe
- on a mission to go, see, taste and smell the world
- stories from a frequent resident of Senegal
- not only a traveller but a walker for charity
- inspired by a childhood television show to see the planet
- an Aussie and Kiwi extensively exploring the northern hemisphere
- a self-absorbed misanthropic humanist taking on the world
- visited every continent and even blogs in two languages
- travelling and photographing through the Americas and other continents
Quarter Life Crisis
- a witty and irreverent account of avoiding responsibility by hiding in the middle of nowhere
- a dedicated traveller assisting homeless children in Vietnam
- their second around the world journey keeps getting better
- a prolific blogger whose writing energy knows no bounds
- an Australian who is enamoured of photography, food and faraway lands
- tales of a traveller now residing in Ethiopia
[Edited: 2012 Apr 06 10:43 - The Travel Camel:11053 ]