What's your top 5 destinations in the world, and why?
This is suposed to be in general traveling, somehow it got here...
-- Indonesia: for the massive diversity between all of the islands, some of earth's last great wildernesses, unbeatable food, and friendly people
-- Bolivia: interesting cultures, ridiculously tiny distance between glaciers and jungles
-- Galapagos: fantastic land and
-- Gabon: contains another of the worlds last great wildernesses, indigenous cultures
-- Bhutan: relatively intact ancient way of life, beautiful snow-capped mountains
I haven't been to Gabon or Bhutan yet, but I will sometime soon...
How about yours?
For me out of the places I've been to :
- Peru - friendly people, can do desert, mountain and jungle trips all in the one country, Inca ruins
- Egypt - ancient ruins, travelling down the nile in a Faluca (sailing boat), different culture
- Italy - interesting cities such as Siena, Venice, Pompei, a trip to the active volcanoe of Stromboli
- Poland - relatively few tourists, Tatry mountains, Krakow, Gdansk, Toran plus lots of other great towns
- England - friendly people, love the country side and London - probably the most stuff to see out of any city : museums etc
From the places I've been to:
1) Philippines: Palawan
2) Pakistan: Hunza
3) Bosnia: Sarajevo
4) China: Yading National Park
5) Turkey: Capadoccia
Gold Coast,Brisbane-went there for my honeymoon😊
Paris,France-I just love being in Paris...I can feel love!
England-it makes me feel at home
Read more about Stockholm and Oslo here:
Done three, need to see the Antartica peninsula and India!
1. France- I minored in French in college.... I should go somewhere and speak it!
2. safari in Tanzania- just because!!!!!!
3. Italy- I want to see it all, but my family comes from the southern region of Calabria
4. New Zealand- photos are beautiful, heard wonderful things about the people, I'd like to see it for myself
5. Newfoundland- Just looks like a nice place to take a little vacation, read lots of good things about it.
oh, and i have many more places i want to go.... i need to start slow though
1.India: it's got everything.
2. Bali and Indonesia.
4. The Celtic Fringe of the UK. (that's 4!)
Guess you should only put the places where you've been?
1. Italy - Rome, Sorrento, Venice JUST MAGIC and so much to do
2. Morocco, for its culture, landscapes, architecture, hospitality, food! ... And because I'm getting married to a Moroccan!
3. Mallorca, but not the busy side - the north side of the island is magic, for the landscapes above all and because it is really relaxing
4. Martinique, a paradisiac side of France (much more agreeable than the busy Paris, where I live), for its landscapes, food and people
5. Egypt - I'm on the leave, so technically it should not be on this list yet, but I know I'm gonna like it
1. USA - I just love New York, Washington DC (my father lived there 1 year), San Francisco, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon.. just amazing places!!
2. PORTUGAL - Porto, Lisbon, very nice places, pricipally Porto, different from all Portugal!
2. ITALY - Lovely towns like, Firenze, Siena, Genova, Venezia, Bologna, Pisa, Lucca, Roma!
3. NORWAY - with beautifull Fjords, amazing country!
4. SPAIN - Towns like Granada, Sevilla, Barcelona, Madrid, ...
5. AUSTRALIA (I want to go...)
1. Penang, Malaysia.
2. Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
3. Lopburi, Thailand. -- Because who doesn't love monkeys?
4. St. Georges, Grenana.
5. Yellowknife, NWT, Canada.
1. New York --> The exciting atmosphere
2. Egypt --> Ancient pyrmaids,tombs,etc
3. Paris --> The entire french culture facinates me
4. Amserdam --> RED LIGHT DISTRICT...and preety much everythin else
5. Newfoundland--> The people,food,place,atmosphere....etc
1. Indo - for its pure diversity
2. Laos - the people
3. Thailand - for its conveniance
4. USA - for its huge food portions
5. Australia - so much fun
Places I've been to:
Galapagos Islands - Truly unique place, nothing like it! Galapagos!!!!!
Italy - So much choice of what to do and a truly beautiful country.
India - Traveller's paradise despite the Delhi Belly!
Egypt - Need I say more??!
Peru - There's nothing quite like the first view of Machu Picchu at dawn. Machu Picchu (in the mist!)
I love visiting places in the former USSR so my picks are
I bet nobody picked any of these places especially Tajikistan 😉))
When were u last in Kyrgyzstan Jakko? I am going there in September. I am hoping to get a visa on arrival. Did u try to do that the last time u were there? If so how did it go?
Top 5 places.
That is a difficult one to answer. These change every year for me.
At the moment they are
Kyrgyzstan, India, Pai in Thailand, Laos, Bolivia.
no no Mel i wasn't there ,those places are my "dream destinations" list ..i wish i was in Kyrgyzstan :-)
I am 100 % sure you cannot get a visa once you arrive in Krygyzstan ,like all former Soviet states you need a letter of invitation first ,then once you have this you must send it to the Krygyzstan embassy (if there is one in your country of coarse?) also with your visa application form ,and the processing fee for the visa (most western nationals are charged anywhere from about $70-$100 )the process can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks depending on how fast you want ,the quicker you want it the more expensive it is .
I don't know your nationality ,so it would be advised that you check with the Krygyzstan embassy close to where you live ,they will tell you all of the entry requirements and what you need to do .
i met some Krygystan people when i was in Russia many times ,they are quite friendly and hospitable people ,if you go to Krygyzstan you might want to try and learn some Russian too (English is rare from what i read),or the Krygystani language ,which is distantly related to Turkish ,and try learning to read the Cyrillic alphabet it is important too ,because this is the script they use over there .
My places of interest don't really change but i like going to countries that most people don't ,i was in Albania last year and i will be going to Moldova in a couple of months .
1. Sydney, Australia. Fast paced and action packed! So many options.
2. Melbourne, Australia. - Great Culture, food, shopping!! So diverse and multicultural. Australian history.
3. Phuket, Thailand. - Cheap, cheap! great food, friendly locals. You can explore so much because of the prices. great shopping and beaches.
4. Queenstown, New Zealand. - Beautiful Scenic location with snow capped mountains and beautiful lakes.
5. London, England. - Going there next. I know it will be great!