Nominate bloggers for the Hall of Fame.
If you know of a blogger who deserves a "The Hall of Fame
" award - please nominate below with a few brief lines of explanation.
Rules: (no exceptions)
1) Must have been a member of travelblog for at least 2 years! - this is a long term award.
2) Must have at least 30 blog entries.
See "Blogger of the Week" for recognising new talent 😊
Ok Ali I'll be first to nominate my most favourite bloggers Donna & Neil
My reason for nominating them is that they were a source of inspiration & information when we were planning our trip back in 2007 and super helpful with any questions I had.. of which there were many! Since that time we've remained in touch and even managed to meet up in the Philippines when we were both there at the same time so they are now friends too!
I still love to read their blogs even now after we've returned from our 20 month trip and they are still out there! 😱
Both Dale & I admire so many blogs between us so are we only allowed one vote!!? 😊
Ali, I second Sophie and Dale for Donna and Neil, but we should also include Sophie and Dale into the Hall of Fame...obvious choice for many reasons...and they have more than 30 GREAT entries...easy!
I third both Donna and Neil and Sophie and Dale. I love both of their blogs and they are great sources of information for planning our own trips. Their pictures are really inspiring too.
I would also like to vote Sophie and Dale. My favorite blog of all time. Its got everything!
and Sophie, thanks again for answering all my questions.
Mike and Sarah
- Last I heard about them, they had moved accross the world to become expats of Hong Kong.
Also from 2007, I'll nominate Roundyrhino
- delightfully witty and amusing narrative of their global honeymoon.
I also agree with the nominations for Sophie and Dale and Roundyrhino but my personal favourite, for a long while now, is EdVallance
He writes with real clarity and passion and always seems to get an insiders view on the places he visits. His use of dialogue is exceptional and often very funny, none more so than in his most recent blogs detailing his vodka infused train journey and misadventures in Siberia. Absolutely fantastic writing, always on the money.
I nominate PA Leslie Maisondubonheur
Varied Blogs - unusual locations - informative - and for shear numbers of countries covered - with many more to come I am sure.
we are coming in a little late here (oops!) but we'd like to add our nominations and thank those who nominated us!
Most definitely Sophie and Dale
- your photos make us very jealous that we aren't better at taking pics! We hope to meet you again when you are back in Asia!
) for his interesting take on travelling with his family and of course the really diverse and unusual places that feature on his blog. Another blogger we hope to meet in the near future but he's just so busy travelling!!
is also a nomination from us. Another blog with unusual places and his account of surviving malaria was brilliant!
We'll probably think of more, but this is off the top of our heads!
My nominations are as follows:
Donna and Neil
Matt and Cate
Here's my nominations:
- amazing collection of blogs from across asia with stunning photography.
- beautiful photos from some less travelled countries
- an older blog but one of my favourites
- probably the most diverse collection of blogs to come out of Ecuador, and great pictures of the wildlife
- great blogs from all across africa.
I nominate Crazy Canucks
with great pictures and wonderful writing. Very inspiring!
Am I too late to make a nomination? I've seen the list, and I cannot agree more. My vote goes to all those listed. But would have to add:
All 3 have great photography, but they do complement their photos with good narratives as well.
We're going to keep this topic open throughout June - I agree with all the great blogs listed so far so keep them coming.
It will take time for the awards to catch with the nominations.
the soul cultivator
- Witty and sincere writing; always a good combination.
- Her amazing A to Z plan put more adventure into her travels than probably even she expected.
Oh yeah, the Soul Cultivator. I second that one.
- This blogger could be crowned the 'queen of adventure'.
- These guys are everything a backpacker should be.
- They made fantastically entertaining blogs, about their bumper world trip, and now they help out as moderators here on TravelBlog.
I would like to second Banchory to the Bosphorous by Bike
and nominate two of the "older" bloggers:
who travelled in ways and to places that took me back to my hippie days
whose photography puts mine to shame.
Oops. I see they are already there! How do I unpost a post?