Which blogs have you most enjoyed this year? Who wrote them, and where from? What makes them so fantastic?
We want to find the best stories and photos to have appeared on TravelBlog in 2009. In two weeks' time we will put a thread with links to the most popular nominations on the front page, where it will stay until February 2010.
But first, we need a shortlist!
It could be the quality of writing or the photography within them that caught your eye - or the adventure of the events that they describe. So our three categories are: Writing, Photography
The six regions are: Europe; Asia; Africa; the Middle East; North and South America; Oceania and 'Oceans and Seas'
Based on your nominations, we will decide on a winner and runner-up for each of the 18 combinations of region and category. There won't be an overall winner or prize, but we hope to reward each nominated blogger with some extra exposure.
How to nominate blogs:
- Post into this thread a link to the blog(s) you want to nominate, using the code (with the individual diary code instead of the Xs
- for example, the code for Ali's Diving with Whale Sharks - OMG!
is [diary=418298] .
- Tell us the combination of region and category that you are nominating the blog for (eg. Africa/ adventure or Oceania/photography).
- Briefly say what the blog is about and why you are nominating it.
So, to nominate Ali's "Diving With Whale Sharks - OMG!" for the photography category, you could put:
"My nomination for Asia/photography: Diving with Whale Sharks - OMG!
by Ali - stunning pictures of whale sharks in Malaysia."
- You can recommend any blog (apart from one of your own!
), as long as it has been added to TravelBlog since January 1st this year.
Note: only one nomination per member, per Category/Continent combination
will be accepted.
Over to you....