Beach Life


Advertisement
South America
January 28th 2011
Published: January 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Beach near PacasmayoBeach near PacasmayoBeach near Pacasmayo

View from our tentless camp
Another week, another Friday, and we're pretty tired out. Last weekend we went up the coast for a night with a about 12-13 others for one of their birthday's. We took a 2hr taxi out to the middle of nowhere to find a nice quiet beach with a nothing much for miles around. We thought we were going to be sleeping on the beach, but in the end we ended up in a slightly fenced off area with access to a proper toilet - bit of a result. We had a fire, and cooked food in tin foil parcels on the coals, and drank rum and had a good time. The next day, me and Sarah fell asleep in the sun, and I got burnt to a crisp. I have been in some serious pain all week, and everyone has heard about it. Sarah somehow just got tanned.

But other than the burn, the week has been good. At the moment we're living in a crazy house with about 20 people in it - all sharing one kitchen and living room. Today though, we found out that in March we'll be moving to a much smaller house in Huanchaco (a little beach town half an hour away by bus) which will be a little more quiet and 2minutes from the beach which will be nice. We'll have a commute to work, but I think the good will outweigh the bad.

No big plans this weekend, but there's a surfing competition in Huanchaco so we'll probably go and have look. Maybe enter.

Speak soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb