Madrid-Caracas-Maracay-Puerto Colombia


Advertisement
South America
August 16th 2007
Published: August 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hola,

Well have just made it to a coastal town a few hours west of Caracas after an entertaining trip to say the least! After some time spent ´lost´in Madrid airport we began to wonder how we would manage in South America at all! I will add that Madrid airport is massive though.
Anyway we arrived in Caracas yesterday afternoon and everything we had read about the place was true- we couldnt wait to leave. It was impossible to even come through arrivals without being surrounded by the locals. Anyway we negotiated a taxi into the city centre where we boarded a bus to Maracay- the second city in Venezuela. To call it a bus may be a bit of an exaggeration- more like a rollercoaster with wheels. Made it to Maracay in one piece and decided to stay put for the nite -19 hours travelling was enough for one day!
After a refreshing cold shower this morning (not by choice) we began another rollercoaster trip to Puerto Colombia- convinced the driver was trying to kill us. We should have been worried when everyone getting on the bus was asked for their name and an identification number. Still though I guess you have to trust these drivers...
Off to the beach now for some well deserved R&R :-)
Chat soon.

ps. our fones dont work here so no point in texting us

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb