First Blog, About time!!!


Advertisement
Venezuela's flag
South America » Venezuela » North-Eastern » Puerto la Cruz
October 14th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from HOT and, most of the time sunny Venezuela, often with afternoon showers, but don’t bet on a breeze. The Mare Mare Hotel and Marina is a bit fancy as far as most cruisers are concerned, however it has very pleasant surroundings, a pool, gym and spa, restaurants and air conditioned bars. Every week or so a convention. We retreat to the bar when the boat gets up to 80 inside, however if we want to stay more than an hour it is long pants time as they have the A/C cranked. Security is constant, guards passing the boat every 5 mins or so 24/7 however we can walk out and eat at the many restaurants outside the grounds without too much concern, just don’t wear the Rolex!!
This has been a rather longer layover than probably necessary to have respect for the hurricane season, however Felix did track across @12 N for a while and brushed by Bonaire, which is on our list of first out of here stops. Now they seem to behaving a little more regularly and we will venture out mid month to the last of the Venezuelan islands and Bonaire, then points west.
The time hasn’t been totally wasted tho’ with Bill and David taking Spanish lessons and working out at the Gym, I’ve been taking care of some maintenance projects, and a case of beer AND a bottle of rum costs $12. Gas cost 9c/litre, (at the airport they offer free gas with a rental car), so there are many old beaters around as well as new full size trucks.
So an assortment of pics covering the last 10 months or so, including crew, new friends and even Angel Falls.
Enjoy.



Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb