Proud to Be An American


Advertisement
Venezuela's flag
South America » Venezuela » Capital » Caracas
November 13th 2012
Published: November 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to attend the Marines' Birthday Ball in Caracas. Aside from being an opportunity to get our of Anaco and dress up, attending the ball made me proud to be an American. Hearing the proud tradition and heroic deeds of our men and women in uniform made me want to stand up straighter, and the playing of the national anthem sent tingles up my spine. For one night, speaking English was expected and not something to feel apopogetic about while in a foreign country. I was reminded - as I am often not - that there is more to our country than meets the eye - especially when you live abroad and hear only about your country from others. That there are men and women, both at home and abroad, who work hard every day, some of them in dangerous situations or places (and not just military personal, but "regular Americans, too), who work tirelessly in the pursuit and preservation of freedom. So to all - both military and non - Americans who risk their lives for the ideals that our country upholds, thank you. And "Happy Birthday" to Marines everywhere.

P.S. - The ball was tons of fun, as the pictures show.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



2nd January 2013

Nice Photos!!
Where did you find such a pretty dress? LOL. Looks like you had a great time, glad you could use your dress again. I miss the days of track practice at Luther. Hope all is well!

Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 79; dbt: 0.1124s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb