Fantastic Merida


Advertisement
Venezuela's flag
South America » Venezuela » Andean » Mérida
April 16th 2005
Published: December 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

From the plains of Llanos we went to the Orinoco River delta and some of us opted to do the 3 day stay in the delta visiting villages and doing some wildlife sightseeing, nothing much to report on that except I was still ticked off at Olie since Ciudad Bolivar for not pulling his weight on putting away our tent on our last day at the camp, I made a scene at the breakfast table when i confronted him and was a bit embarrased later for losing my temper, poor lad , i did not speak to him the entire time in the Orinoco delta despite us rooming together, but all is forgotten and patched up by the time we got to Merida. Well Olie is just a teenager still, and despite his antics and tantrums especially when drunk, he is cool to hang out with and we get along pretty well for the most part, so come Merida time we did most activities together, coz Brian seem to need some alone time which is cool, when you're with the same people day in day out for 10 weeks, you need to get away from it all sometimes plus we lost Joel since Ciudad Bolivar, so maybe he misses his roommie. We did canyoning which was excellent, repelling from 3 high waterfalls, hats off to Graham and me for conquering our fear of heights, we really did not have much choice as repelling is the only way back to town if you chicken out i don't exactly know how were gonna get back , the guide will not tolerate sissies!One funny thing i remember, As we were hiking to the start of the repelling,Brian noticed a tick sitting on top of his pecker! must be from the comforters at the hostel, as Olie found one too on himself which we thought was odd. anyway,that same day olie and I went paragliding in the mountains, trully the highlight of the day, excellent time, we got some 40 mins airtime ! One of the Italian paragliders mentioned a bar in town that we should check out, it's called El Hoyo de Que Que, so we paid it a visit, cool vibe, funny thing happened when i got up to the bar to order our drinks come pay time the bartender refuses to take my money, i thought drinks are free (yay!)but then soon realized when she pointed to it, i was paying her in Brazilian reales! Some good time in Merida but then we have to get going and off to the beaches of Puerto colombia....


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb