Uruguay


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay
November 16th 2010
Published: November 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Uruguay



Punta del Este



Our first stop in Uruguay was to the famous beaches where the wealthy people from Brazil and Argentina come to vacation. The place is a peninsula so there are beaches everywhere. One beach is famous for the hand statue that emerges from the beach. This town had the most expensive prices of anywhere we had been so we decided to move on to a different beach.

Punta del Diablo



This small fishing beach town is the complete opposite of Punta del Este. Our accommodations were right on the beach. We made a lot of friends in our hostel and had a great time going to the beach, playing football, and walking to the market for delicious seafood empanadas.

Montevideo



We went to lunch at the famous Mercado del Puerto. This market is famous for huge steaks. We arrived at the market and were delighted to find that the different lunch stalls all give out complimentary media and media, which is half white wine and half champagne. We picked a lunch place and ordered our food. The steaks were in fact enormous, but even crazier was the fact that Rachel's steak came with a side of....STEAK!! Her plate came out with not one but two big steaks on it. We made a friend in Punta del Diablo who lived in Montevideo and worked at their famous Theatre Solis. He gave us a private tour of the theatre and then showed us around town. We thought Montevideo was a charming city well worth a visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 75; dbt: 0.08s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb