Uruguay


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay
November 14th 2017
Published: November 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post


11th to 20th of November 2017


Montevideo

Pretty chilled for a capital and a great place to visit. We couchsurfer at Sofia's place with another German girl and after staying in dorms it was nice to be in a apartment. We had the coolest free walking tour till now where we drank mate and grappamiel, a sweet liquor with honey. They told us a lot about the city and the more they talked the more we liked this capital. We heard stories about jail escaping, marijuana legalisation, history, ghost stories and of course football.

We also went cultural and visited an art museum (partly because it was free and we where in the area 😉 in an old prison and walked through the Sunday marked.





Punta del Este
It is time to leave. After 3 days in punta del Este we are now leaving to Montevideo and leaving some beautiful beaches and very friendly and warm hostel with non stop raggae musik behind. We are leaving before the start of the main season which explains why the huge apartment and hotel buildings are as empty as the rest of the city. We don't know how many people are living in this city but the hostel manager said that there are more than 500.000 visitors at the peak of Summer. Before that it's massive concrete cemetery and make leaving the colorful and cozy hostel more sad.
We are looking forward for Montevideo

"Fill your life with adventures not things. Have stories to tell, not things to show"

Colonia del Sacramento
Leaving the crowded city we found the kind of place we where looking for; Cozy, pretty and the total opposite of the noisy and dirty Buenos Aires. We stayed in little hostle super close to the historical city center with charmful little cafes and bars. No habla Ingles means you are totally lost without Spanish because very few people speak English.
Colonia has a little of Caribbean cliche because of the old fort with rusty cannons, small narrow streets and a lighthouse.
It's known that a picture says more than a thousand words, so here a little bit of Colonia for you 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb