24 hours


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » West » Nueva Palmira
December 10th 2006
Published: December 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

timetimetime

a sign in Nueva Palmira
The town is some how sterile looking, though the houses are brightly painted and loud splashes of color burst from flowering plants. Sterile. The sun is so bright. Washed out. In this tiny town in Uruguay, there is the slow growl of motorcycles, the hum of birds and swells of childish chatter...it seems like a ghost town. The sun is so bright. The sun bleaches out everything and the sandy streets reflect the paleness.

Behind my back is the chocolate brow expanse of the Rio del Plata. The wind plucks at the water gently folding the water over onto its self. Kneading it. Take out a map. Find Argentina, then Buenos Aires, then the Rio del Plata. See how swollen and juicy it is?

Last night there were stars, the thick smell of living plants and the sound of peace. I was rocked to sleep and wrapped securely in all of these things. Cradled.

No day prettier than today has ever existed. The sky is deep far reaching...limitless in its depths. It leaves me desperate. The flawless blue sky and tufts of wild and pillowy clouds draw my fingerstip. I feel the impulse to play in the fields of the sky. Cluster the clouds into my own whimisical creations.

The water. Like frothy hot coco plays games with my eyes. Laughing and singing it gently rocks...winking...one trillion stars are reflected in its refreshing mirror. Hot sparks of cool water beads jump up from the sharp cut of the boats wake. I want to dip my body into its sensual and soothing, fat bellied mass. Calm the fire in my cheekbones and shoulderblades. Sometimes I scream "screw you sun!"

And the green! Thick lusty green. Green so rich, so sumptious and oozing with life. You have to hate this green. You know it is the most beautiful color in the world. It is complex and has so many faces. Any artificial green turns to gray ash. Chokes you...the artificialness of it. But this green. Green of 1,000 shades. 1,000 breathes. This green reminds me of the beauty of life. The mystery and joy of abandon. The good and true simplicity of wonder.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

readingreading
reading

erin, the river and harry potter
three little poniesthree little ponies
three little ponies

clair and erin frolicking with the ponies in our hotel


17th December 2006

such beautiful writing!!!
3rd January 2007

Thanks!
Lizzz, Thanks for bringing this portion of your adventure to life.

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0772s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb