Back on the tourist trail


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » West » Colonia del Sacramento
March 10th 2005
Published: March 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

And so on to Colonia del Sacramento. It is a listed Patrimonial Site by the UNESCO as the most complete illustration of Colonial Architecture in South America. It is pretty. The moment we got there we felt we were back on the tourist trail as we saw back packers the moment we arrived! There were lots of locals also between the station and town offering us accommodation etc. We headed to one of the recommended hotels, got ourselves installed and headed off to see Colonia.

It is pretty, it really is. You can tell I was inspired by the number of photos I ended up taking! There are lots of little squares and cobbled streets with the sea as a backdrop in the distance. This meant sauntering from one plaza to the other and soaking in the atmosphere while drinking sharing litre bottles of beer and complaining if more than 2 euros the litre (ha! ha!)

Again a multitude of museums. When we actually tried to go to one it has closed 20 minutes early and so we missed it! It was a tile museum and from what we could see through the barred windows the one room which was the museum did seem to contain some fine blue and white tiles!

The second day there we had a fierce wind - I do not know what it is about us and the weather!

I think for Colonia the photographs speak for themselves - so enjoy them and check the others out for the rest of the places so far in the journal…. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/foodiefloozie/my_photos

Colonia is probably only a day trips worth so we were short of a few things to do while there…. We just had to comfort ourselves with some beer and final chivito before we headed off to the big city (with the rest of the population of Uruguay). We set sail on the Buquebus to BA baby!

Advertisement



17th March 2005

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah,
I MISS YOU!!!!! And I haven’t had a decent Dim Sum since you left…. But, you rock for doing this trip! Keep posting more tales and pics. The rest of us are living vicariously through you!!!! Much Love, Pimpilicious K, Lyrical Gangster and Overlord of de Pijp - Kaysa

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb