Slow boat to Uruguay...


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » West » Colonia del Sacramento
October 20th 2005
Published: October 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Colonia SunsetColonia SunsetColonia Sunset

Who dimmed the lights?
Having spent almost a week in busy Buenos Aires , we decided to 'pop over'to Uruguay for a day for some fresh air. This meant a boat trip to Colonia del Sacremento, which by fast boat took one hour and cost 100 pesos, but by slow took three hours and cost 50 pesos. Now seeing as the fast boat left 2 hours after the slow boat... (duh!) the decision was simple!
Colonia was a nice little town with cobbled streets (painful on my ankle!), various dinky museums, a little harbour for the local yachting fraternity, and some nice beaches. Unfortunately not having brought our Driving licence on the day, we couldn´t hire a moped to get to the Bullring, but seeing as neither of us had driven one before, probably a good thing!
On the way back from the beach to catch the boat home, we climbed up the Colonia lighthouse just in time to see the fast ferry accelerate away from the port. Very breezy up there so we didn´t hang around. Luckily, catching the later slow boat home meant we were superbly placed to watch the sunset.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Colonia LighthouseColonia Lighthouse
Colonia Lighthouse

Heh, nice comb over!
Colonia SculptureColonia Sculpture
Colonia Sculpture

When a hammock´s not available...!
The BuquebusThe Buquebus
The Buquebus

Bus?...looks like a boat to me!


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb