Uruguay


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » East
February 9th 2011
Published: February 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

ColoniaColoniaColonia

The buildings of Buenos Aires from Uruguay
We decided to spend a week in Uruguay, well because we were in the area and why not. We first went to Montevideo. This is the capital and is the biggest city in Uruguay, which is not saying much. We walked around a little while then could not find anything else to do so we left early the next day.
Our next stop was piriapolis which is a small beach town. We camped there for a couple nights. The first day we arrived we headed down to the beach and relaxed then went back to the campsite to have a BBQ with some of our friends. The second day we were there we decided to head to Punta del Este, which is the most expensive and nicest resort in all of South America. It was only a couple hours away so we just went there for the day. Puenta del Este is a point where half is on the river and half is on the ocean side. We spent half of the day on the river side where there were calm waters where we could swim, then the other half on the ocean side where ther were a lot of waves to jump in. It was a very relaxing day and we enjoyed working on our tan.
Next we headed to colonia, one of the first towns in Uruguay. It use to be a big port town which attracted a lot of pirates. Now it is a beautiful town on the river. That night we enjoyed an amazing sunset where we could see the buildings of BA behind the sun. Our time in Uruaguay was short but sweet, now onward ho......


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Drum show with friendsDrum show with friends
Drum show with friends

Blue Team Red Team


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb