Punta del Este: Where we like the girls that ain't on T.V.


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » East » Punta del Este
January 15th 2009
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Another one of those song quotes that you'll have to figure out for yourself...

Punta del Este is the vacation spot for South America´s rich and famous. There are tons of beaches, but even more clubs and bars. The sand and the waves are nice, but the beautiful people sitting on those beaches are what makes them amazing (that and the dental floss the girls call bathing suits). We set up camp on Bikini Beach, cause with a name like that which other beach would four single guys go to, and simply enjoyed the day. The beach, oddly sponsored by Fox Sports, has a DJ all day long, and towards the sunset it turns into a bit of a dance party. The sun is scorching hot, which has been the case in all of Uruguay (someone told us that the Ozone is really thin here... didn´t look into it but I´ll believe it), so the cool water is a great refreshing treat. We spent quite a bit of time body surfing, but more time just laughing on the beach, sipping on our beers, with our sunglasses on checking out... the, ah... sand. Yeah.

We did make it into the city for a quick tour around and it proved to be what I expected. Really nice apartment buildings, a bunch of posh restaurants and shopping areas, and an amazing harbor. I was amazed by the yachts that we saw. There were 80 foot sailboats everywhere, several story motor boats with rafts, jet skis and cranes, and even a few catamarans. The amount of money was staggering. We walked around gawking with our tongues out, thinking of what it would be like to have that money, before we went back to our hostel. It may not have been the high life, but we still managed to get by quite well. We met some really great people there who we partied with at Punta del Este´s well known clubs. Burton managed to put his foot in his mouth pretty well yet again, asking one of the guys we met, who happened to be gay, if the girls at the beach nearby were pretty. Vinny responded that he couldn´t really answer that question to easily. Burton, innocently asked why, as he hadn´t put the pieces together yet. We all laughed. Three seconds later it finally clicked in and Burton gave a big "OH!
CelebratingCelebratingCelebrating

There is a DJ at the beach all day long, at towards sunset it turns into a dance party... Perfect.
Oh! Okay... I get it."

Anyway, this is my third blog on beaches in a very short period of time, and they seem to be getting a bit redundant. To sum it all up... we sat on beaches, did a little swimming, a bunch of partying, and enjoyed the company of the Uruguayans tremendously!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Bikini Beach and Fox SportsBikini Beach and Fox Sports
Bikini Beach and Fox Sports

I find it odd that Fox Sports sponsors Bikini Beach, dont you?
Chilling on the beachChilling on the beach
Chilling on the beach

I wonder why these guys are so happy?
Boys on the beachBoys on the beach
Boys on the beach

Drew, Burton, Eric, Vinny, and Kyle
The crewThe crew
The crew

Kyle, Burton, Natalie, Sole, Eric, Vinny, and Drew


20th January 2009

It's nice to see "da boys" It sounds and looks like you are having a great time. I wish I was with you. Then it could be "da boys and da man" Burt's Dad
21st January 2009

da mom
Hey - I would love to join this fun group too.. Then it could be called "da boys, da man, and da mom - (I thought da babe would be pushing it!) - Kyle's mom

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb