sun burn please!


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » East » Punta del Este
January 5th 2007
Published: January 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we went on a little trip from b.a to uraguay for 5 days. Now the 3 hours boat trip for us skivvys that are tight and got the slow cargo boat turned into a 6 hour trip and whilst having a nap on the deck also meant getting freak sun burn on one side.

Went straight to the capital montevideo for the 1st night so more traveling on a bus but got a really good steak there so everyone was happy. We met up with some of the irish lads from the millhouse hostal.

We went to punta del esta and the main aim for going to uraguay was for the beaches its supposed to be like the south american ibiza...well the prices deffinatly were we went in peak season where everything had trippled in price. The beaches were good though got really pink and lobsterish the 1st day so the 2nd day when we found the cool beach at la bara we had to sunbath fully clothed (looking like complete morons to tell yo the truth!)

Had some amazing food though and a few beverages that were free after lying about it being my birthday to get some free champers, he he (you know you have all done it before!)

Would have stayed longer but buenos aires was calling me back was missing my more economical eating out and 10 peso wine, also on a bit of a timescale now as only have 3 and a half weeks to go to the end of the world and back!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

robbie otherwise known as forest gumprobbie otherwise known as forest gump
robbie otherwise known as forest gump

this is my friend robbie otherwise known as forest gump (due to his accent)
hannah and robbie hannah and robbie
hannah and robbie

we went out for a very nice dinner this night and drank lots of wine
me federico and hannahme federico and hannah
me federico and hannah

this is at the millhouse hostal


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb