Montevideo - Thanks, but no thanks.


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » District of Montevideo
February 18th 2011
Published: March 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

After purchasing tickets, clearing customs, finding the correct departure port and boarding the vessel with less than a minute to spare We travelled across the harbor from Argentina to Colonia in Uruguay, then the bus straight on to Montevideo.

Having not booked any accomodation, the first thing to do was find somewhere to stay, we caught a taxi into the centre of town to a hostel we found online, unfortunately they were full so we ended up staying at their sister hostel.

Despite the fact the bunks were similar to those stacked in 'Stepbrothers', there still was no room for activities. The features of our small stuffy room included a cockroach, a rattling fan and no window, which assisted in trapping the heat just nicely. Clint and Greg were ready to put their hotel room plan into action! After further consideration, they agreed to put up with it for one more night, and Clint started Googleing Punte Del Este hotels.


The horse drawn garbage carts, where Montevidiots would climb from their carts into dumpsters like monkeys to gather the garbage, and Greg getting stalked by a local man in the chemist who then followed him in his pickup, were the highlights of Montevideo. Within 24 hours, we were gone.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb