onwards to uruguay


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,
we have just arrived in Montevideo, Uruguay after a twelve hour bus ride (which actually wasn't too bad - didn't even have to get off the bus for customs! just had to leave the passports with the driver which was a bit scary but we got them back all stamped in the end!) got to wait a few hours before we can check in at the hostel now. The exchange rate is going to take some getting used to as we just got one thousand uruguayan dollars out from the machine and it came in one note!.

Pleased to be out of brazil now (should be much cheaper!) and hopefully the little spanish we have learnt will come in more useful than the non existent portuguese. The hotel in Porto Algere (where we have just come from) was nice but the town wasn´t anything special and we managed to lose our debit card somewhere in the streets of Porto Algere which isn´t good!

anyway we are going to go in search of our hostel now (Carly's first experience of a hostel! fingers crossed) and we are looking forward to being able to cook again!, we will try to do a (less tired) blog again soon!

bye x
Carly and Craig

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb