Amazon


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
February 12th 2017
Published: February 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Amazon Blog

Dear all

We have skipped a few blog entries to send these wonderful photos of our three days in the Amazon. It has been an amazing experience seeing a very different place. Posada Amozonas is the Eco Lodge we are staying and they have done an amazing job of helping us to learn as much as possible about the bugs and wildlife in a very short time. The humidity here is unbelievable and the two-hour storm today was a real knock out.

Our lodge is more like luxury glamping – beds with big mossie nets and no side wall or windows just like a big verandah. We have monkeys swinging in the tree outside our bed, frogs, cicadas, mossies etc everywhere. Enjoy the photos and hopefully the captions will help you understand the experience of our few days in the Amazon Jungle.

Tomorrow we head back to Santiago. We won’t be continuing our South American Odyssey any further as we are heading directly back to Canberra from Santiago. Unfortunately Carla has had some time in the Intensive Care Unit at home with a serious chest illness so we are heading home to be with her. Will send other blogs when we get home and sort out our photos etc.

Cheers from Leanne and Graham


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



13th February 2017

Hello
Hi intrepid travellers, all I can say is wow!

Tot: 0.458s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb