Mancora, Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
December 1st 2011
Published: December 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Peru was the third country on our South American tour and what a diverse experience we had. The first stop as the small surfer town of Mancora, on the north coast. The original plan was to go to a town just south of there called Los Organos , but when Chev and I arrived we realized that this sleepy little town was a bit too sleepy. We ended up staying just off the beach in Mancora at a quiet hostel with a pool. We ate much ceviche and chufa, Peruvian fried rice, and lounged on the beach. We both got a bit burned. It recovered within a few days. Now Mancora is known for it's parties but Chev and I missed out as both the nights we were there we were grannies and went to bed early. We were both so bagged from the bus and I think both of us had been sunned out. On the third day there we meet these two very nice gents from Van who just wanted to hang with some fun Canadian girls but after a fruitless effort to try and change our bus tickets to stay for a third night we had to bid them farewell and we headed off to Lima. All and all good sun but a bit of a let down and not a very inspiring town unless you want to party hard.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.299s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb