BLOG 5


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
May 3rd 2010
Published: May 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

HEY Team

Bit of a thing going on that i need some help with. the three of us got to the airport just fine today and in great time, problem was that our booking said the flight left at 7 and it left at 6. We found this out at 5:39. there was a mad scramble as we dashed thrOUGH the crowd, through the tarif line, and to the security checks, check-in guy in the lead, only to have Jessica and Melody blocked by an official at the xray machines. i went through as my luggage is all carry on, but they were forced back as they both had enormous packs that would not go through the machine. fearing that the bus would leave tomorrow for the Temple without us, I went ahead to connect with all parties in Iquitos and just made the plane.

Thus, Jessican and Melody are somewhere in LIMA as i write and i am at the Fitzcaraldo in Iquitos. we had no time to make any plans in the chaos and haste - i dont know where they are, and will send a message to the hotel i stayed at last night by internet, but not sure if anyone is checkng and dont know if they went back there. I also dont have melodys cell phone. To add to the situation, I cannot access my email here to email jessica directly, nor can i receive anything from her (M - please have Scott cross the appropriate palms in Peru for internet access for next time!!!!)

AND SO TO YOUR HELP:

Reid and Roxanna and Graeme - if you get this can you send Jessica the following message by urgent email as I know you have her email, id sure appreciate it:

"I made the plane and am safe at the Fitzcaraldo - call me here at 065 601138 to let me know which flight you are coming in on. I can arrange a Fitcaraldo staffer to pick you up and come here if you are very early or we can meet downtown at 11 if you grab a mototaxi. I know the first flight out of Lima to Iquitos is 5am and they run pretty regularly after that, so i know you will make it. Tonight's flight took 1:35 and then the cab in was about a half hour after 30 minutes of luggage- central square trip should take less time but give yourself lots as you know the traffic here.

Please send any response via my travelblog if you cannot call ---www.mytb.org/jedimidge - . i will be up early and checked out by no later than 10 as i need to go downtown and get money and rent rubber boots. I wont let them leave without you! Promise!!!! Love you, robin xx"

Thanks for your help team!!!! - STAY TUNED!

R XXXX

Advertisement



3rd May 2010

Dun it
Hi Robin, I emailed what you said to Jessica, fingers crossed. It will be worth the chaos. It must be amazing being back in Iquitos, can't wait to hear all about it. Love Reid
3rd May 2010

Sent the message
The message was sent out. Rx
3rd May 2010

Winnipeg 0 degrees.
Early Monday. Hope you catch up with everyone OK. Just more incidents to make your trip 'one to remember' All the best to all of you. Hugs mom.xxoo

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb