Cuenca Ecuador to Huanchaco Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Trujillo
August 4th 2014
Published: August 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

This is how we crossed the border from Cuenca in Ecuador to Chiclayo Peru on a night bus. We then caught further buses to Trujillo and our final destination of Huanchaco.



1. We bought tickets for the international night bus the day before from Cuenca bus terminal. Ticket window was no 3 for Super Semeria. They offered us $13 for a bus to Piura or $18 to Chiclayo which was $2 less than the other companies Pullman Sucre and Azuay. They also told us there would be one bus whether Pullman Sucre said we would have to change buses. The bus was at 22:00 and stopped at Mancora, Piura and Chiclayo. A passport was required to buy a ticket.



2. There are different exits from the terminal to the platforms. Super Semeria buses left from exit number 1 which was the one right near their office. To get out to the platforms you need to pay a 10 cent terminal tax. Next to the exit are machines to use which accept coins from 5 cents - 50 cents and give change. You will get a ticket in return which you give to the guy manning the exit to scan. Put your bag on the belt and walk through the turnstile. Collect your bag the other side. The Super Semeria bus to Chiclayo left from the platform just to the right.



3. The bus was due to leave at 10pm but didn't leave until 10:10pm. Bags were put underneath but no tags were provided. There was a toilet on board.



4. We arrived at the border at 1:50am. First stop the driver got off and gave the passenger list to the police. The bag doors were opened and the police looked through some of the bags. Everyone stayed on the bus apart from one guy who was having some issues with transporting his chickens.



5. The bus then pulled round to migration. There were a couple of other buses infront of ours so there was quite a big queue when we arrived. There are toilets there you can use and your bags stay on the bus. First you have to queue up to exit Ecuador. Whilst we were in the queue a worker came around giving out forms for leaving Ecuador and one for entering Peru. When we reached the desk we handed over the exit form and got our exit stamp without any questions.



6. Right alongside the Ecuador migration is Peru migration (they share the same desk). We handed over our entry forms and the officer only confirmed our nationalities in Spanish. No other questions were asked and we received a 90 day stamp. There were no charges for either stamp.



7. We finished our migration procedures at 2:50am and once everyone was finished the bus left at 3:05am. We arrived in Macora at 5am and Puira at 7:45am. The bus pulled into the America Express terminal in Chiclayo at 10:30am. The terminal is on Av Francisco Bolognesi near Av Balta.



8. There are a number of other bus station offices around that terminal in Chiclayo e.g. Linea, however inside the terminal American Express has frequent buses going to Trujillo. We bought a ticket for the 11am bus which cost S/15. Also inside the American Express terminal are SuperLatino, Cromotex and Transporte Wari which had afternoon buses to Lima.



9. We boarded the bus to Trujillo when it was announced 15 mins before it left. You need ID to get on the bus, there is a metal detector wand and bag tags were given.



10. We arrived in Trujillo at 3:10pm. We jumped off the bus as it was going through town rather than waiting for the terminal so we could easily get a bus to Huanchaco as we didn't know where the terminal in Trujillo was. We got off the bus when it reached Avenue Mansiche at a small petrol station opposite the big Mall Aventura Plaza. There were signs to Chan Chan 2.8km away. (Later we caught a bus from Huancaho which ended up driving past the America Express terminal which is on La Marina a few blocks down from Av America Sur).



11. A few mins after getting off the bus at the petrol station a bus came past with the conductor shouting Huanchaco. We paid the conductor as he came around and it cost S/1.50. The bus goes past Chan Chan and drives along by the sea. Once it reaches Huanchaco it turns right up Los Pinos street which is the main street from the sea up through town where there are several places to stay. We arrived 20 mins later at 3:35pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1008s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb