One's bras must be in perfect order


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Trujillo
May 13th 2011
Published: May 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Magda had come down the coast not just to see me but to get supplies for her school, Her soles went a lot further in Trujillo than they did in Mancora and of course we were due a visit.

We went into the city to get the never-ending list of things she needed and I love the hustle and bustle of big cities especially markets, we went to them all.

The main wholesale market area of Trujillo is a zoo, Handheld trucks and bicycles with large loading boxes on the front,One must be alert at all times or you will get knocked over or at the very least a sore ankle, money changers, touts, drug sellers, vagrants dirty children and all manner of street venders and shops, everything sold in bulk and at lightning speed, transactions happened in seconds, I felt a little over my depth as I was pushed and manhandled by busy traders, I was loving it.

The streetfood venders vied for your attention with the fabulous smells of corn and fritadas, (Note to self, need to stay away from street fritadas or heart attack is on the cards) I can't resist them, its the smell, "Come buy me and eat every greasy tasty morsel and perhaps come back for more.

The wholesale products were numerous, palates full of toilet paper, plastic bags taller than us full of cereal, Sacks of every dried food you could imagine,

We wandered on a little frazzled from the sheer chaos of the market and found ourselves in the We can fix anything street, shoes, Irons, radios, TVs, bicycles, electric kettles your glasses you name it a tender sat and worked away oblivious to the chaos around him, Children raced in and around our feet, sharing the odd stare at the gringas.

The union market was a maze of rubber products and there was so many booths selling soles for shoes, apparently there is a shoe making industry in Trujillo. We wandered on although being a vegetarian Magda would not go to the meat market with me where I wanted to take photos.

Hungry and almost shopped out we headed back towards the centre of town where Magda had mentioned a restaurant she liked, We found it and had a wonderful meal with the best service I have had in Peru, The few glasses of wine we had made us rather tipsy so we continued to the plaza and took some silly photos, Now that my camera is gone I am lost without it, It definitely needs replaced, Grabbing a cab with our arm loads of purchases we headed back to Haunchacho sweaty and dusty but happy having giggled like school girls for most of the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



14th May 2011

errrors
Some of the comments are mixed up and some of the photos didn't appear at all, just getting used to the new TB, sorry for confusing anyone
15th May 2011

Congratulation, on your first Featured Blog, on the Front Page. :)
16th May 2011

Cheers Mel,shame I screwed it up with the photos,hope your well
20th May 2011

Well ....
if nothing else the title made me look. LOL!

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb