Back in Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Trujillo
January 13th 2011
Published: January 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So here we are, back in Peru! We've been here just over a week now, and we're getting settled in nicely. There's a bunch of people still here at the school from the last time we were here, which has made things even easier. Getting on the plane was a nightmare though - took us about an hour to get through check-in! They wanted proof that we were going to be leaving within the 6 month visa limit (which we didn't have) and we ended up having to buy and then cancel a refundable ticket. Also, after we had checked in 2 of the 4 bags their website said we were allowed they decided to mention that we were only allowed 2. Another drama followed, but all got sorted in the end. Also, we had a ropey old plane that had 2 TVs on it, and the one near us didn't really work, so no films for a 12hr flight! Bloody Iberia Airways.

We're back working at SKIP out on the edge of the city Trujillo, which is on the north coast of Peru in the desert. The place has really come on in 6 months - it's really growing well and getting more organised. Sarah has got her class of 30 grubby little 9 year olds, and is also starting up a scheme to help get some of the program's parents into better work. I'm working on a computer system for the NGO to use, and also doing some computer, sport and reading lessons with the kids.

It's warm here, being a desert, and of course I've already got burnt. My PE lessons seem to involve a lot of standing in the sun trying to herd children towards doing anything that slightly resembles a sport. My lessons all seem to be with the really young ones (about 5 - 8 years old) and they are rubbish at sport, but good at being cute and ignoring everything I say.

Anyway, we'll get some pictures on here when we get a chance. Take care all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb