Hola Amigos...


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » San Martín » Tarapoto
July 25th 2011
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Part 1
Boats galore over the past few days!!
We headed to the cargo boats after our last blog Íquitos´. We all realised hammocks aren´t so uncomfortable after all, minus the occasional collisions in the night. Some people liked to make the most of the space available and spread out. Laura sat in her hammock thinking she´s a pea due to the lovely vibrant green colour of the hammocks. It took a while for us to set sail due to the thunder and lightning. For most of our two/three days on the cargo we played card games, not all of us quite understood the rules of all the games though. The toilets on board were...interesting, and the beetles and other insects weren´t quite so welcome either. It was really nice for us all to interact with the locals and we all made a life long friend called Larry, a nine year old peruvian boy. We shared our food with him and in return he taught us Spanish. The stars at night were amazing, some of us were even lucky enough to see shooting stars. We saw pink river dolphins which were amazing and some birds, the rest of the amazing amazonian creatures were saved till the jungle phase. Food on board was unusual, rice was gaurnteed on the menu every night!! The veggies managed to say no meat, and received rice and veg everynight, which was better than having meat. We got off the cargo on Weds and stayed in a nice hostel with a gorgeous shower. Not all of the team were in top form but we pulled through. We woke up early and began our trip to the jungle...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb