Puno


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno » Puno
August 16th 2014
Published: August 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

Our bus from Cusco arrived at the terminal in Puno, on the waterfront at 3:50pm. From the terminal we stayed at a Hospedaje on the next street up.



Where We Stayed

Hospedaje Dulces Suenos - S/20 for a double room with private bathroom. The room was newly done but not in the main building and got freezing at night. No wifi.



Where We Ate

There was a massive market over several streets when we were there on a Saturday. We got lunch in a restaurant opposite for S/3 each.

Positive Bar - just off the main square on Peel St. We needed wifi so got a couple of 650ml beers for S/8. Cozy place.



Where We Went Next

We used Puno purely as a stopping point to get to Copacabana in Bolivia. We had heard that if you book tickets straight from Cusco to Copacabana you have to change buses in Puno so we decided to break up the jouney there.

As soon as we arrived in the terminal we bought our tickets to Copacabana. The ticket offices are through the terminal and right to the end. Only one office was open so we booked with them Huayrur Tours. It left at 7:30am the next morning and cost S/15.

The following morning we paid our S/1 terminal tax at the office in the middle of the terminal and exited out of gate 2. Our bus was just to the left.

We were given Bolivian immigration forms as we got on the bus and it left promptly at 7:30am.

Just after setting off a woman came around with a list to write our destination on and spoke to us in English about the immigration process.



We reached the border at 9:45am. The bus waited in the queue and we headed towards migration.



1. First you have to go in the police building next to the migration. The policeman checks your passport and stamps your tourist exit card.

2. Next go into the Peru migration building next door. They stamp your passport and keep your tourist card.

3. Walk through the arch to Bolivia.

4. Bolivian migration is on the left. The police check the form you were given on the bus whilst waiting
Peru MigrationPeru MigrationPeru Migration

The first stop is the police building on the right. Then migration to the left.
in line. (For filling out the form the departure country is Bolivia).

5. In migration there were 3 queues for different nationalities but all were being used for all. No questions and 30 days was stamped in my passport (I asked for 25). You keep part of the tourist card.



We were finished by 10:17am and walked back to the arch to catch the bus. Once everyone was finished the bus left at 10:45am.

We arrived in Copacabana at 12pm (Bolivian time). Some people were heading to La Paz and had to change buses in Copacabana.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Walking into BoliviaWalking into Bolivia
Walking into Bolivia

Cross through the arch to Bolivia


Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb