DAY 10


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno » Puno
July 12th 2007
Published: November 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Roof decorationsRoof decorationsRoof decorations

on most roofs in Cusco, apparently for good luck and prosperity in the house.
What a day. Packed our bags and checked out of the hostel. Headed straight for the bus stop to buy tickets to Puno and head out. Unfortunately the strike was still on and tickets were not available in the morning. After hanging around and talking to some of the other tourist we discovered there was a bus leaving in the evening. We bought the tickets immediately as they would be in short supply. An agent before us had already bought three quarters of the seats to sell at a better price in town. Now the question was what we would do for the rest of the day. We surely could not hang around the bus stop for the whole day. We headed back to backpacker hostel, paid for half day accomodation and hang out, even had a bit of an afternoon seista. In the evening it was back to the bus stop - boarded our bus and headed to Puno. The journey was roughly 8hrs by bus. And since it was an overnight journey - we would be sleeping mostly.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

View of SaqsawamanView of Saqsawaman
View of Saqsawaman

from hostel.
Cusco viewCusco view
Cusco view

from hostel.
BackpackersBackpackers
Backpackers

and Anshu soaking some sunshine.
Inca monument Inca monument
Inca monument

overlooking the town of Cusco.
JesusJesus
Jesus

with arms spread open overlloking Cusco.
ProcessionProcession
Procession

with madonna going into church of San Blas.
PunoPuno
Puno

at dawn, arriving by overnight bus.


Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb