Broads girl misses the reed islands booo!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno » Lake Titicaca
April 5th 2011
Published: April 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The next day, blissfully free of pain after the huge injection and drugs but still pretty weak, this Broads girl missed out on a boat trip to visit the reed islands on Lake Titicaca (sad face...can't find the right symbols on this keyboard!) and rested in bed instead. The others came back with lovely pics so I didn't miss out too much. They were all dressed up in typical costumes of the area and looked in varying degrees fab to ridiculous (I'm not going to mention names!).

After the others got back I managed to force some soup down me (Drs orders) and a little stroll around Puno. Yet another election rally parade was in progress and this area's candidate was actually there but he only seemed to be able to muster the support of all the ancient Puno folk who doddered along behind him waving flags. He made a point of stopping and talking at us in Spanish. Eric and Shona who speak a little put together this and what was written on his manifesto leaflet and came to the conclusion that he didn't stand a hope in hell as his policies were slightly over ambitious and no word of how he would pay for it all. One promise was to increase pensions...probably explains the following he had!

At this point most of the others headed off for a siesta so I took the opportunity to catch up on this blog and downloaded a few photos to facebook. Sorry it takes too long on here so that will have to wait til I get home.

Later we all went for a meal, I thought I was really hungry but when it came to it could only manage a few mouthfuls. Guess I would just have to be patient. But it felt good to be finally on the mend after 7 days of squits and one day of hellish back pains. Oh the joys of travelling!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb