Mancora: Down by the Beach


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Piura » Máncora
July 19th 2009
Published: April 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tuk Tuk TaxisTuk Tuk TaxisTuk Tuk Taxis

Gali, Seth
Co-written by Gali & Seth:

It is best to describe Mancora in one word paradise. Blue skies, sandy beaches, warm breeze, the breathtaking pacific sunset as well as the freshly caught daily tuna made this destination a perfect place for Gali and I to end our South American adventure.

Our accommodation was magnificent!!!! Casa Del Playa (in English this means castle by the beach - you can say that again).

The staff were attentive, accommodating and pleasant. The rooms can be described as clean & basic, no tv's, phone, or anything electronic for that matter making it more of a getaway... not to mention great showers and a balcony outfitted with a hammock and an AMAZING view of the ocean!!!!!!! We would recommend this place to everyone!!!!!

We spent our days relaxing on the beach whether we were reading, sun-bathing, strolling, swimming or eating delicious food. As an occasional treat we "splurged" on massages offered by women walking along the beach as we lay on our beach mats listening to the ocean. (40 nuevos sols per hour, about $14.75 CND) A real hard life!

To get to Mancora we flew with StarPeru ($220.00 US Roundtrip) to
Tuk Tuk TaxisTuk Tuk TaxisTuk Tuk Taxis

Seth, Gali
Talara and then took a one hour taxi (130 soles to Mancora/80 soles back to Talara) ride to Mancora.

Restaurants:

Casa del Playa

The restaurant at this hotel, served some of the best tuna either of us have ever eaten. Every meal should be started with either the tuna tartar or the Hawaiian tuna. Our favorite mains were what else but, the tuna and the fish with pasta. Also, delicious snacks as you sit by the beach include the quinoa coated fish sticks as well as the complementary corn nuts. We should also mention that they served up some delicious cocktails!

El Aji

The cooks at this restaurant should be proud of their Mexican food since it was the best we've had in South America. It's too bad Dani wasn't here to dine with us. She would have loved it. But, please take my advice (Seth's), control your bean intake... You know what they say...

Our week in paradise was a bit of a splurge compared to the expenses of our previous 8 weeks, but we would do it ALL OVER AGAIN- a truly amazing way to end an amazing journey!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

BoobooBooboo
Booboo

On our first walk on the beach Gali stepped on glass. OOWCH!
Hanging in the SunHanging in the Sun
Hanging in the Sun

Jules, Sim, Gali, Seth
Hanging in the SunHanging in the Sun
Hanging in the Sun

Jules, Sim, Seth
Hanging in the SunHanging in the Sun
Hanging in the Sun

Gali, Jules, Sim
View from Our RoomView from Our Room
View from Our Room

Casa Del Playa


Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb