Mancora


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Piura » Máncora
September 17th 2008
Published: November 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in the small beach town of Mancora at 4am with no place to stay. Fortunately we found a taxi at that time of the morning and he took us to one of the cheapest hostels in the town. After a couple of hours of sleep and being eaten alive by mosquitoes, we wanted to shower, found that there was no water and realized why the place was so inexpensive. We immediately decided to find a new place to stay and on our way out we ran into two other girls from the US traveling north through Peru. We decided to get a dorm room for the five of us because it was cheaper and once our accommodations were settled we immediately hit the beach. It was a beautiful day on the beach and we hung out there the whole day with a small break to shop in the little market in town. In the late afternoon I went for a run down the beach to find that just outside of town the beach was lined with amazing, expensive hotels. It was so ironic to me that we were staying in a very “basic” town, with very poor neighborhoods and just down the street people were living in such luxury. That night we went out to a cute Mexican food restaurant and since it wasn’t the weekend, there wasn’t much nightlife so we ended up handing out at a small outdoor bar on the beach. The next day we did about the same thing, soaking in the sun, but I decided to add a little excitement to the day and rent a surf board to an hour. The waves were much bigger than I expected and I could barely make it out past the surf, let along get up. Rachel and Amanda tried too but we were all unsuccessful. That night we had drinks at a beachside bar and watched the sun set. Then we got dinner and hung out until we got on a night bus for the next beach town- Trujillo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb