Mancora, Peru and some R & R


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Piura » Máncora
May 21st 2007
Published: May 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

With our last night bus journey finally over (Hurray!!) we arrived in Mancora bright and early (6.00am) and lwere iterally thrown off the bus straight in to the hands of a baying mob of tuk-tuk drivers!

After holding them off for a while we were finally approached by an unusually polite and patient "tukkie" who took it upon himself to make a number of recommendations as to where we should stay. However, Suzz had seen a place on the internet which looked pretty nice so we decided to take try here first. However, on arrival it seemed a bit pricey so we decided to take the "tukkie's" advice and off we chugged to another place which was way, way out of town. In the end we went back to the first one, Buena Vista apartments, offloaded our packs, which were covered in dust - a result of touring through Mancora for 30 minutes(!) and were pleasantly surprised. We quickly realised that this was a great choice - we got a spacious, self-contained apartment with fantastic views out to the Pacific.

Mancora, in the north of Peru, is not a very big town and is definately undiscovered in terms of mass tourism, although having said that it does apparently get a little over-run by surfers once the waves start appearing (around Dec to Feb time).

With only the main street containing all that Mancora has to offer you discover that there is very little to do but RELAX! So for our week in Mancora all we did was enjoy the fantastic beach, our sumptious (by recent standards) apartment and the peace and tranquility of being by the beach - waking to a blue sea and a sunny, blue sky and in the evening watching a pretty cool sunset.

Our usual routine would involve lazing around all day, perhaps a quick trip in to "town" for some provisions and ice cream, then more lazing, perhaps a stroll along the beach searching for oyster shells, more lazing, perhaps some relaxation by the pool in between lazing, watch the sunset and then making dinner or going out for a meal.

I think you get the idea!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Peruvian branding!!Peruvian branding!!
Peruvian branding!!

Maybe someone should have a word.....
Huge grasshopperHuge grasshopper
Huge grasshopper

Av´s size 9 flip-flop in the background.
Hanging-outHanging-out
Hanging-out

Buzzard chatting up a couple of redheads!


26th June 2007

Fanny & Batti Shake
You so have to put this on some site - sure they have them somewhere!! In fact email me the photo and I'll forward it to lots of people, (not yourselves) - lets see if you end up getting it forwarded back to you eventually??

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb