The Amazon


Advertisement
Published: July 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The next stop is Cusco which is the capital of the old Inca empire. We love our first impressions of it as we drive through the Plaza des Armas (main square). We are somewhat in a rush as England are playing Sweden and we are trying to catch the final fifteen minutes. It’s a bit of a pain, therefore, that our minibus is too large to travel up the narrow road to our hotel, so we have to huff, puf... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Brendan and Juan Carlos standing amongst the roots of an 'iron tree' that is 200 feet high.Brendan and Juan Carlos standing amongst the roots of an 'iron tree' that is 200 feet high.
Brendan and Juan Carlos standing amongst the roots of an 'iron tree' that is 200 feet high.

The base of the tree is so wide that you can't even see the edges here.



24th July 2006

Amazing !
Wow ! I really feel I was travelling with you your writing and the photos are so incredibly vivid Who would have thought in those days of endless spider avoiding hunts in French campsites that you would end up calmly eating in a dining room inhabited by a tarantula ..........!! or being close to piranhas and caimans come to that ! what an amazing experience ! Thank you ! Zoe
27th July 2006

??
Roof Tiles.........????? Exciting. I've never seen roof tiles before. No razors in the jungle then!? MAMMALS - so what are they called? Don't you know? Pathetic. Juan Carlos looking for wildlife - not logs or bandits? Just girls on the pull! Brendan - the fact that you threw up in a leaf is nothing to brag about - stop pretending it was your lunch before you ate it! Were you afraid that the the pirhannas might jump up and eat you as you were leaning over the side? Send the snail picture to someone in France - it would be better than sex to them. The sun is a tadette too high for that to be a sunset picture. I give good course! So ye stayed in the lodge? Very masonic!!! Welcome home. Now get a job and don't sponge on the rest of us taxpayers.
2nd August 2006

Incy-wincy ...
Not sure how you could relax, hammocks or no, with spiders seen and (worse) unseen all around you! If wellies have to be stored upside down off the ground, what stops the tarantulas etc climbing up the support ropes of the hammocks?! The baby caiman looks very sweet, but also big enough to snatch a finger or two: glad it didn't feel peckish. Also glad Pepe didn't behave like the monkey in Rhodes market all those years ago! Look forward to hearing more, and seeing more photos: the Amazon is a focus for a lot of basic adventure-book mysteries and fears.

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb