In the Apocalypse...


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Loreto » Iquitos » Amazon Rainforest
August 11th 2013
Published: August 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Iquitos - Ron



'....I was watching a pirahna swim along the edge of a straight razor......swimming back and forth, back and forth....'

Adams!

Patch Adams!

Everyman wants a mission in his life. I was holed up in this god-forsaken town at the edge of the jungle...Pucallpa...waiting for mine, subsisting on platanos and guinea pig, just counting the days till i could get back into the midst of it all when the orders finally came! Sheeeeeeet!

Adams!

I was to be transported downriver to the edge of the known section of jungle in order to search him out. Sheeeeeet! He's pissed off a lot of the higher ups that they would go out of their way this much to get him! I boarded the old rusty tin can that was going to be 'home' for the next 7 days...the crew included some of the best that Command could spare: Leeesa, the cook, who's been in the jungle long enough to pick up a chronic bronchitis/diarrhea that enables her to speak in broken half syllables in between her frequent trips to the banyo. And then there was Roooomeeee, who was just a kid from the desert of Arizona who had is mind blown when he was introduced to the wild expanse of this jungle, it's humidity and greenness, who had never even contemplated the possibility of existence outside of the pages of Minecraft...

I leafed through the 2 inch dossier on Adams in the long hours of the river journey. Boy, this guy was something! He sailed through medical school with honors -- the big guys really had big plans for him! But then something happened! His methods started to veer off the page, he started following an entirely new book, sheeeeeeet, he started an entirely new library himself! He actually started acting like smiles and laughter and happiness were really important in people's lives and started really helping people! He started a clinic and within a few years, disease and unhappiness had dropped to almost zero in his community and happiness had risen to almost uncontrollable levels! Boy, this guy was really onto something! I could see why the Big Guys started being nervous! And now he had taken his raggedity band of clowns and had gone rogue - he was out there operating without any restraint or control, trying to help folks be happy!

I put down the dossier and looked out over the river into the thick jungle as Leeeesa served up some of het fabulous chix and rice and plaintain dish for the umteenth time since the start of the journey. Sheeeeet, i can almost feel Adams out here! Yesterday, we were attacked by a group of natives but then we realized we were being showered by a mass of marshmallows! Smiles uncontrollably crept onto the faces of the crew and and even some laughter was heard. I quickly restored order amongst the crew but i sensed disorder.

We've been seeing groups of natives dancing on the banks of the river, all with bright red noses and colorful clothes! He is close, reaaaaallll close...

Advertisement



12th August 2013

Sounds fun!
how about some photos?
22nd October 2013

how about some fotos?
I finally figured out towards the end of the journey how to use Lisa's phone to upload some of her pix onto the Blog! She's been posting pix all along on FB! Check it out!!
19th August 2013

in the apocalypse
Kurtz,Adams,Brando and me! The marshmallows, the marshmallows, the marshmallows

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb