Currently in Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
June 28th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Arrived safely in Lima after very long but mostly uneventful trip via Atlanta. The OAT representative was there to meet us and navigate through the crowds at the airport and to the hotel in the Miraflores section of Lima.

The hotel is very nice and located about 5 blocks from the ocean. Tuesday morning Connie, Janet and Pat met up with two other tour members, Biljana from Kentucky and Rosemary from Florida, and ventured out for the walk to the ocean (well actually the park which sits high atop the cliffs overloking the ocean). There are security guards and police everywhere so we felt quite safe.

After an orientation with our tour leader Boris we had a very good lunch, then a city tour which included stops at a museum, the San Francisco Church and the catacombs (spooky), and a short walk through an area of the city.

The group then met up for an excellent dinner and show and our first taste of the Pisco Sour.

Connie, Janet, Jim and a couple others left this morning for the Nazca tour while Jennie and most of the rest of us are waiting for Dante to take us to Villa El Salvador.

More to come, this is a very slow connection so no pics yet.

And I could not accept the your posts due to the slow download so will try later.





Advertisement



28th June 2006

It's just like being there
Hi, Pat Dad sent me the info on your travel blog, so I'll be travelling with you (well, sort of) from my crowded office at the little UU church in the countryside of lovely Virginia. I hope you're having a great time. Carol
29th June 2006

Hi Janet, Sure glad to hear from you. We look forward to Pat's notes on each day. Everything is OK with pets, just quite hot.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb