Ahhhh... the sweet feel of the sun of your face


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
March 9th 2007
Published: March 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a terrible, windy and delayed 21 hour overnight bus from Cuzco, oh why didn´t I pay the 25 bucks more for a 40 minute flight, we arrived in the city of Lima and its beautiful summer weather. Yes after nearly 6 weeks of travelling throughout the Altiplano, from northern Argentina, through Bolivia and into Peru we have finally returned to sea level. The thick ocean air is a sweet treat after weeks of wheezing and waking up breathless at night in the thin high mountain air. Definetly great to see the pacific ocean again too! Lima is great, with warm days and cool nights. In addition to the weather, the food has been great. Splurged yesterday on all you can eat sushi, the first we´ve had since last August. While it was slightly different than the candy available in Vancouver, Peruvian sushi did not dissapoint. It was fantastic and I filled my belly until I couldn´t eat another bite. From the bar, I was rolled, end over end out the door and into the street, all the while carrying an enormous smile on my face. Oh the glutonny!

It is also great to be in a city again after weeks of small towns. We have taken advantage of this by seeing a movie each night with plans for more. Can´t say enough about the Departed which I thought was great and the Last King of Scotland which was also fantastic. Planning to see Ghost Rider tonight, to ease the comic nerd that is pent up inside me. (Postscript, this movie is perhaps the worst I have ever seen!)

On Sunday, Reuben arrives in Lima for work and we have planned to meet him for a lunch which should be great. He has travelled to Cuba many times and will be a great source of knowledge before we head to Fidel´s Island. Can´t wait.
Ciao


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



12th March 2007

Hi Jason and Laurence, sure nice to see you are both enjoying the travels ,and the food. nice pictures. Lima looks very beautiful. enjoy Cuba ,that is the place morfar would like to go.. p.s. take care. love mormor.

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb