last day in lima

Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima
June 16th 2016
Published: July 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We left at 8 am to fly back to Lima. The boat trip back was a little quicker as we moved with the river and didn't stop for photos. Our bus back to Amazon office was shared with another group so every seat was taken and was very hot and squishy. Somehow managed to squeeze all my belongings back in my big bag and we flew to Lima via Cusco. We had about an hour until we met for dinner. We went to a really nice place near the hotel. It was a creole/Spanish mix with Peruvian. However I ended up with probably the most un-perviuan dish. Pork ribs with potato and sour cream but it was so good. We had champagne to celebrate the engagement of Dave and Jenni which happened at Machu Picchu.

Following dinner it was time for me to say my good byes and head to the airport. At the end I did get really sad to go as usual, wished I don't have to leave and could have had farewell drinks with the rest of them.

My month in Peru has flown and I have never been bored. Everyone told me not to go for that long but still I feel I have only scratched the surface. So grateful for all the things I have seen and all the people I met along the way and hope to see or stay in touch with many of them for a long time.

My flight was 140 am. So killer all nighter. Luckily I managed to get one of the only free rows on the plane so I laid down and slept 2 of the 4 hour flight. In Santiago I had a 8 hour layover to kill. I did get some Johnny Rockets and I was happy it was on par with the American chain. Other then that I just relaxed on wifi and made myself stay awake.

The flight to Sydney I was in the 2 seater again. I didn't get much sleep. The TV didn't work and I didn't want to be a winger so I just watched Gossip Girl on my Ipad. The guy next to me was alright - not weird or too chatty and kept to his side of the seat. The guy behind me 2 times tried to put his feet on my arm rest. Hell no. The best thing about not staff travelling – I don't have to be nice. So I elbowed his shin and he screamed and moved. He tried again so I hit him harder. I won. Back at home I cleared security and customs fine. They looked at my hiking boots, made sure I didn't bring back to much soil and I was free to return to reality – until next time.


Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb