Melbourne-Sydney-Auckland-Santiago-Lima Day1


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
May 31st 2013
Published: May 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Started the day at 4.30 am. Got to the airport put onto an earlier flight and then got to the check in to find there was fog in Sydney and we weren´t going anywhere. Luckily we were only held up for an hour. James must look like a very dodgy character as he was checked by customs at both Sydney and Auckland. I managed to view Quartet, Le Mis and Parental Guidance, sure does make the trip go quicker. We had a 3 hour stopover in Santiago. James spent most of the time sleeping on the lounge. From the airport you look out over the Mountain which are covered with snow. It was then a 4 hour flight to Lima. All went well at the airport. Our luggage which we checked through in Melbourne was there. Custom consisted of filling out a form and then walking on through. I asked James his first impression of Lima. I wont say what he said. You drive out of the airport in the wildest traffic. There is no lanes or indicators just a beep of the horn meant get off my garden. We know that every ones horn works. At one stage there was 10 lanes of traffic all trying to get into one. The hotel is good. The girls at the front counter speak good English and it has internet access. We stayed in for tea as it was dark by the time we got here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb