Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
April 14th 2012
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,
A little upadate from our first couple of days here!

we arrived in Lima yestersday and it was crazy! Firstly, travelling with Iberia was interesting in that Tash and i were sat next to two nuns who kept touching their rose beads, which didnt bode well, but then one offered us some mints during the flight so we knew that we would be in good hands should we crash! In addition, they were not forthcoming in the drinks department either - the stewardesses DID NOT want anybody to drink alot and cottoned onto us two early doors... They kept making up excuses as to why we could not have a glass of wine and TSS was annoyed to say the least!

So we arrive in Lima and instantly, TSS fears for her life.

We were warned about alot coming to LIma so expectations of bag snatching and dodgy taxis were rife. We eventually bartered a cab driver to take us to hostel in LIMA central. The trip was interesting with traffic much like lONDON rush hour with the addition of every driver hooting their horn at every opportunity. When we got onto the highway, at the first traffic stop the driver announced for us to put our bags onto the floor out of sight as "it is not safe here". TSS was shitting herself.

At the first stop, we had the mandatory windscreen washer people with the addition of a small child doing backflips and cartwheels in between the stopped cars for cash. ONe stopped at our window and just stared at us for ages expecting money... Trace just ignored, TSS just continued to shit herself.

The hostel was nicer than expected and people were really nice, recommending the heart of a cow and raw fish as the local delicacy. We are yet to try it.

After a hot and sweaty night trying to sleep, we moved to Mireflores which is like the Kensington of London from Brixton... Very nice indeed and TSS no longer feared for her life. We waddled along to the beach and tried to change some money, not put off at all by armed security at every bank..

In short - an interesting start but off to Cuzco in a couple of days to start the Inca trail! Will the lungs cope?

To the Ashlyns people- Trace misses you and will look forward to Monday when you all go back to work! YES!!!!!!!

We have a few pics to post but will post in next few days...

Love you all!

Tash and Trace

xxxx

Advertisement



15th April 2012

Thanks
Hi Trace and Tasha, I have enjoyed reading your blog, what a terrific idea. Will read your adventures with interest. Have a wonderful wonderful time. Am dreading tomorrow, up at 6am! Dianexxx

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb