Lazing around in Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
January 2nd 2011
Published: January 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Lima around 7am after a fairly pleasant and uneventful overnight bus in fully reclinable seats with pillows and blankies. We hadn't booked anywhere as we weren't sure whether we'd even stay in Lima but our taxi driver (who instead of saying and miming kangaroo which is the general response to our answer to "where are you from?" said "oh Australia - Midnight Oil yes?" as dance music blared) took us to a hostel in Miraflores. Turns out the Hostal Eiffel is in a great location although the rooms are pretty average.

Lots of nice walks along the coast, through the streets and in the parks; a great meal at Mezza; my first pisco sour; great new years eve celebrations with soooo many fireworks; time zone type place where the kids spent a little bit of money and alot of time; chifa dinner; some down time which let me catch the blog up, let Wayne catch some rest, let Nic facebook and Tash ipod.

At first I was a little disappointed that we were forced to spend an extra day in Lima because of New Year's Day public holiday but as Wayne and I walked through the park of love, around the lighthouse, spied some flowery nazca lines at Mary Reiche park, checked out the killer moves at a skate park and bmx track, and continued around strolling along the wide tree-lined streets and many parks and plazas it was really nice to see the literally thousands of families completely enjoying the beaches and parklands on a rare Saturday off.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb