Visting Dharma and Ananthy in Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
October 26th 2009
Published: November 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have been at Dharma’s and Ananthy’s house in Lima, Peru since Saturday. They live in a very nice area called Miraflores just a few blocks from the Ocean. We met Ananthy and Dharma in Delhi a few years ago. They are both from the USA. Dharma is an English teacher and he was working at the American School in Delhi before moving to the American School in Peru this summer. Ananthy works for the World Bank creating HIV social responsibility programs for corporate debtors.

Talking with these two about moving to Peru reminded us of what it was like moving to a country where you know hardly anyone. That is on our minds again. We leave India in May and we are not sure where we will be stationed next, so we may have to make all the social connections again.

Their neighborhood is beautiful and walk-able and full of great restaurants, shopping, parks, and nightlife. One of the teacher’s at the American School here is lead guitar and keyboard player in a Blues band and we went to see him perform on Saturday night at a jazz club. Dharma made us omelets Sunday morning and we have been out with these two for several great meals including Arabic, Italian, Peruvian and Organic.

We took one of those open-top tourist buses around the City to see the major historical sites. I was surprised about the level of sophistication in the city center. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historic_Centre_of_Lima



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.33s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 25; qc: 115; dbt: 0.2023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb