May the fiesta be with you!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
November 23rd 2007
Published: November 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Vvvvrrrrrrr!!........Vvvvrrrrrrr!!........Vvvvrrrrrrr!!........

If you can make a better lightsabre sound by email i´d like to hear it!!
Well just about managed to get over my stomache bug in time for tonights Fiesta!!! (party)

Elvira drops me and Chris at the fancy dreess shop and we get involved straight away in picking our outfits, the choice is pretty limited, especially as chris wont go as Batman and Robin "why should I be your sidekick" he mutters.....well for a start i´m taller!!! (that half inch makes all the difference!) Next we look at clown suits....how apt I hear you say?!

Well balls to you all, we opt for a really cool dark lord/emperor/sith outfit and mine taht looks a bit like a Jedi robe and no matter what you or anyone says is definitely not a monk outfit!! We even managed to find a couple of toy lightsabres that lit up.....the only downside is that they looked like a giant pack of refreshers!!

So to the party! It was in a hostel where there are alot of long staying students most of which speak 3 or 4 languages (we were a bit out of our depth baring in mind we struggle in our command of our own native toungue!) There aren´t many Brits over here so the
Poor GirlPoor GirlPoor Girl

The one on the right tried to teach me how to salsa......I may visit her in hospital next week.
only English alot of them hear is American english. Everybody loves the english accent out here and comment on how cool it is....well all except one bird that says we sound like Mike Skinner from ´the streets´ and mocks us!

Still a few cervezas later and get this, me and Chris are being taught some Salsa steps by these Peruvian girls.....i´m actually not too bad at it...so a couple of people tell me..........that said it was 4 in the morning and everyone was pissed! (and no I wont make a habit of salsa dancing) Got home at 5am doubt the maid was too happy when she answered the door to me!

Muchos cansardo (very tired) on saturday...not the best day to try cerviche...a local raw fish dish....i thought i was gonna yak!

On Sunday went to a private beach club an hour south of Lima with beach houses etc. Its a bit of a contrast as on the drive we passed large sand dunes that the poorer people that have come to Lima for money have biult and live in. Its basically a shanty town with no water, electricity etc. Its only recently that they have built
The beach clubThe beach clubThe beach club

Its not all work, work, work!
steps on the hill, prior to this they have to trudge up the hill...its pretty sad to see, but then in my limited experience of Lima so far it´s definitely a case of those that have and those that have f*** all. Makes you feel pretty lucky. Still dont want to get you all depressed, the beach was cool we had a barbecue and bizzarely listened to guns n roses, metallica and latino salsa music...weird but i could get used to this!!

Well that brings you all up to speed so far!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.346s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0743s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb