Day 5 Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
June 4th 2013
Published: June 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Left Miraflores this morning and caught a Taxi into the city centre. It really is scarey in the Taxi. They have a bad habit of turning right from the centre lane across infront of the traffic. Several time I could have touched the front of another car coming straight for me!!!. Once the taxi ride was over we checked into our new hotel and then went walking around the centro area to Plaza de Armas. Went to the Monasterio de San Franciso then to to the Parque de la Muralla and onto Iglesia de Santo. At midday they had the changing of the guard at government palace which include a lot of pomp. Marching band and soliders goose stepping and saluting some guy who we're not sure who he was. There was a lot of guards with machine gun and riot gear. It was entertaining and the band were very good. A real proformance.

This afternoon we met the rest of the people on our intrepid trip. There are 11 in total. All bar 2 are from Australia. The other 2 are from Britian. Iḿ not the oldest either. James and I are the only 2 walking the inca trail. The others are all doing the shorter walk as they didn't book early enough.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

San Martin SquareSan Martin Square
San Martin Square

When we went into Iglesia de Santo Domingo it had San Martin Skull in a box for you to look at. He was the first black saint


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb