Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
November 1st 2008
Published: November 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lima is built on a grid system a little like New York or Milton Keans. The Armistace square is the only place where I have seen grass or trees. The narrow roads are perminantly choked with traffic. The shops and work places are all grouped by type. All the optitions are on one road and all the stationers are on another. There is a road of printers their workshops opening onto the road the smell of ink mixing with petrol fumes. The streets are free of litter and cleaned by day glow suit, cap, mask and glove clad individuals. Yesterday I saw a woman stub out a ciggerett with her heal the pick it up and put it in the bin.

A mountain overlooks the city it appears hazy brown and grey through a light smog. It is dotted with bright red, yellow and blue buildings that clash together in what I presume to be villages. A huge crucifix sits on top of the mountain that lights up at night with white blubs along it´s edges.

The bars we found are brightly lit with plastic chairs and tables. There is a fridge containing bottled beers and a shelf with up to ten spirits. There are quite a few places seving food spice fish and chicken dishes with lots of potato.

Bands play in the square but there is no one drinking on the street. The people are friendly and dispite guide book warnings to the contrary it feels safe as any city here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb