Day 11


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
December 26th 2007
Published: December 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We´re just about ready to depart from Lima. Our bus leaves this afternoon for Arequipa and we´ve got hotel reservations waiting for us. Lima is similar to many American cities, we visited their big mall on the first day we were here, craving an American experience. We watched the Golden Compass with spanish subtitles and shopped. That was a bad idea considering it was the day before christmas and the stores were packed. The next day we explored the little flea-market style shops around the little plaza near out hotel. We ate at a local little Chinese restaurant and shopped at the stalls a little. Yesterday we headed to a beautiful shopping plaza built into the cliffs of the coast. The view was amazing over the crashing waves. There were surfers out on the water and amazing mountains in the distance. This shopping plaza was nicer than the mall, with a lot of local crafts and smaller stores and i got some souvineers for the familty, which hopefully i´ll ship home soon. I´ve still been sick for the last week and its made it difficult to go out, I´m just hoping that i get better soon. I´m trying to put some photos up and i have a nice movie of the Amazon trip that I made but these internet connections are too slow to permit me to upload them in a reasonable amount of time.

Advertisement



26th December 2007

What a trip !
It sounds like you are having a trip full of lifetime experiences. What a great opportunity.I am so glad you are finding the people gracious.Thinking ou you. Connie

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb