LIMA


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
August 23rd 2022
Published: October 4th 2022
Edit Blog Post

On our last day in Peru, we had another early morning start. We had to ride from Urubamba to Cuzco for a morning flight to Lima. But that meant we had some additional time to do some exploring around Lima.

Our hotel in the Miraflores area was the same hotel we'd had before and we were treated to the beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean on our drive along the Malecon.

After checking in, we decided to explore the Parque Kennedy area this time.

The avenue where the park is located was a typical business center type street lined with shops and businesses for the most part but, at one end of it, we came across El Parquetito, a cute Café with outdoor sitting where we decided to have lunch. The essential Pisco Sour accompanied a variety of appetizers. A larger portion than we expected, but all very good.

Afterwards we decided to cross to the other side of the park, and happened upon a pedestrian mall lined with a variety of small eateries and even a location of the Choco Museum where we stopped to buy some chocolates and eat a delicious muffin for dessert while we people watched from a sidewalk table. I was not aware before, but Peru's chocolates are supposed to be some of the best.

Naturally, all that food meant that we could not do justice to the food that we were served during our last dinner in Peru. Located next to the 5th century ruins with the same name, Huaca Pucllana is a restaurant that provides delicious food and a jaw dropping location at the same time.

Very large, it has a covered patio with a bar at one end, and the entire back wall opened to the ruins next to it. It was very lively that evening, with what appeared to be a corporate party taking place at the bar. It was also full, a testament to the quality of the food. I had the Lomo Saltado, a delicious dish that I had been ordering consistently during the trip, and at this restaurant it was one of the best.

Alas, all too soon we headed back to the hotel to prepare for our early morning trip to the airport and our flight home.

However, the memory of Peru with it's ancient traditions and magnificent Inca cities will remain an unforgettable experience that I will recommend to anyone who is a lover of history, and anyone who appreciates breathtaking scenery.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb