A pyramid? In the heart of Lima? You must be kidding!


Advertisement
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
August 26th 2018
Published: August 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Huaca Pucclana or Pucclana Pyramid lies right in the heart of central Lima, in the Miraflores District. It is a magnificent archeological piece that was made of clay on seven staged platforms. To that end, it is not exactly a typical pyramid that we usually visualize. It was built in 4thcentury A.D. and was considered a ‘sacred village’ by the Incas. The structure is surrounded by a wall to de... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




26th August 2018

Lima
Wonderful you are so far enthralled with historical Peru, Tab. We also found it fascinating. So much to see and do. Looking forward to seeing where you go next.
26th August 2018

Lima
Dave, Thank you for your comment. I know from your last mail, you would be closely observing where I go next. And knowing fully well that a veteran and history buff like you (I read your Bolivia journey so well in the past) sets the bar high, So I am careful when I travel and write. It's a lifelong learning from folks like you, David and MJ and so many others! I am trying to meet expectation!!! Thanks again!
27th August 2018
Coastal Lima

Serenity of Nature
Beautiful view.
27th August 2018
Coastal Lima

Serenity of Nature!
Thank you MJ. You know something, I get restless until I see your comments. Thank you! Now I can go to sleep!!!!!
18th November 2018

Lima
Thank you, Tab. I am indeed planning a trip to Peru for next summer. I've already been to the south of the country and this time I'm planning to visit Lima and other places in central and northern Peru. Lima seems a very interesting city to visit. All the best also in your trip to Tanzania ?
3rd February 2019

Lima
Alex, it's a great idea to visit Lima. One thing I missed...paragliding near the coastline over the Pacific. I bite my fingers as they didn't have empty slot. If you love it, go for it. Otherwise, you will not regret Lima...you been to Peru already, so you are somewhat familiar with the locals, but Lima also offers a big city culture, that you would probably enjoy. I was in Tanzania when you sent me this comment. Sorry, couldn't respond...it was not a happy ending in Tanzania. I broke my leg and still recovering at home in Canada after some intense surgery. Can't wait to be on the road again...
9th February 2019

Get well soon
No worries about delay, thanks for your replies. Oh no! Sorry to hear about the leg, not a nice way to end a trip... I wish you a speedy recovery.
9th February 2019

Get well soon!
Thanks Alex!

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb