Trujillo - Chan Chan


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » La Libertad » Trujillo » Chan Chan
February 22nd 2007
Published: March 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

An area for religous sacrificeAn area for religous sacrificeAn area for religous sacrifice

There were many "U" shaped areas, which we think were for the sacrifice.
The site of Chan Chan was pretty awesome. A Moche city just outside Trujillo. The whole city was built with Adobe bricks, so the locals are constantly thickening the crumbeling ruins in order to keep them in good condition (basically adding fresh adobe paste to the original brick).

We spent the day looking around Chan Chan in the blistering heat and spent the night celebrating Bex´s birthday, who was feeling much better. We went to this really posh bar, which we thought would be young and trendy but was more like a rotary club! Fortunately we found a cool undergound Jazz Bar. Luckily the barMEN fell in love with Bex and her night was very cheap! A weird experience for Dom to sit and watch two guys so publically flirting with Bex but he did get a free drink in the end and got to shake the "Box Man´s" hand*.

The following day we left for Huanchaco...



* The box is a traditional peruvian instument. It is literally a box hooked up to an amp. The "Box Man" sits on the box and plays it with his hands by tapping it, adding bass with his foot! We both thought he was a legend and showed our appreciation!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



11th August 2007

amazing
Your pics are amazing.
12th August 2007

Thanks!
Thank you, that means alot.

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb