Moving on to Iquitos


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » La Libertad » Huanchaco
May 15th 2015
Published: May 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well we have had a wonderful three weeks with our oldest daughter in her home turf of Huanchaco. She has introduced us to lots of people and places, and we have made some nice memories together. We went north to Chiclayo to ride paso horses, and visited Tucume, the valley of 26 pyramids, near Sipan. Several civilizations lived in this area, building on the remains of the past groups. The pottery, metal work and art is unbelievable. A fairly bloody past, with lots of human sacrifices though.

and we went into the mountains on Mothers' Day, to Otusco, and had a lunch of cuy, or guineapig. There's a revered statue of Mary there, and people make a pilgrimage by foot on Dec 15, from Trujillo all the way up.

Lisa has been busy at the skate boarding ramp in one of the poorer neighbourhoods, and has even been brave enough to start learning herself. Needless to say, she has some scrapes and bruises... and she got a surfing lesson, and a day surfing with her sister helping.

Dave continued teaching at the music school, and I continued just living life... very relaxed in this perfect climate.

Now we have arranged to spend some time with an organization called Apeca, up river from Iquitos, and that will be a jungle experience. I'm sure we will meet our share of creepy crawlies and other lovely creatures.

so, till we get wifi again.... ciao!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb